Just because NFTs and other blockchain assets in Chronoforge may be tradable on marketplaces does not mean you should try to earn a living wage or expect to profit overall from playing a game. Any game that claims 'everyone will earn' by playing is a ponzi-scheme. No economy - game or otherwise, can pay out more money that goes in. Some players may profit from the game but don't plan your life around it. Play wisely. Spend wisely. Have fun :)
The economy of Chronoforge is both ‘in game’ and real world, as almost every asset in the game doubles as a tradable product of value. Significant effort has been placed into designing interactions between in-game and blockchain assets to ensure an economy that is sustainable and enjoyable for many years.
Where we differ from other blockchain-enabled games is:
- This is not 'pay and earn' or 'pay to win' - you don't have to keep paying for additional game items/resources to keep playing. Your NFT adventurer is your ticket to ride and everything else you get is on us!
- Item drops are gasless on Immutable X. Meaning when a mob drops you a sweet NFT that appears in your wallet at no cost to you :) Trading of NFTs on Immutable X is also gasless, increasing any margin you might be aiming to make.
- The sheer breadth and depth of tradeable items will let you decide what is worth trading vs keeping. Everything from wearable gear through to buildings and land are NFTs and can be traded.
- We are building a 'player-first' economy, where game currency rewards are only granted to active players and not to passive speculators, meaning those most committed to the ecosystem hold the most value.
- Strong replayability and slow reward yield preserves the rarity of in-game items. See replayability & randomisation.
The simplest way to understand our planned economy is that raiding activity primarily produces resources whereas settlement activities mostly consume and upgrade existing resources. Land also yields resources that players can actively harvest.
There are three sources of item generation in the economy - game shop purchases, raiding and crafting. Raiding is the primary producer in the economy, supplying materials that are required for crafting of a wider range of complex products with combat and aesthetic utility. The game shop is a minor producer of aesthetic or time-saving items, such that studio sales do not create ‘pay to win’ outcomes.
- Crafting ingredients
Crafting Facilities (settlements)
- Superior crafting ingredients (including via destruction of weapons and armour)
Game Shop (USD/ETH)
- Playable Seasonal Chars (time-limited releases of races/traits)
- Player Housing & Asset Blueprints
Game Shop ($RIFT Game Currency)
- Character fusion item
- Time sickness temporary immunity item
Game Shop ($Chronos)
- Limited edition cosmetics
- Class switch item
- Partner pets
Free to Play and Classic Characters All items earned/crafted by non-NFT characters (F2P and Classic characters) All items below Rare quality
The game routinely burns consumables during the crafting process such as:
- Crafting Ingredients
Additionally certain game items can be burnt to produce their primary ingredients, at a loss. For example if three rare NFTs contributed to making an Epic NFT, that Epic NFT could be burnt to produce a rare NFT and an uncommon NFT ingredient. Deconstructable NFTs of this nature include:
Rare potions may take the form of NFTs and be uncorked prior to combat, at which point the NFT is destroyed and a soulbound potion is created that can be consumed instantly during combat.
NFTs Character and pet NFTs can be fused (destroyed) in threes to create a single new NFT of superior cosmetic value and small combat ability increase. Certain combinations of NFT traits (e.g. race) will be required to fuse NFTs of the same season, increasing the rarity of genesis and seasonal variants of NFTs over time.
Fusing will require using characters or pets of a high level. This helps minimise supply of higher level NFTs that in other MMORPGs simply accumulate as players retire and cause power-level imbalances in the game.
The character level for non-fused NFTs will also be capped at the fusion level (e.g. level 15), providing greater incentive to fuse characters in order to unlock level progression.
Building and upgrading structures in the settlement will consume crafting ingredients.
All NFT items are tradeable between players. All items below Rare quality are tradeable between players.
NFT items will be traded on secondary marketplaces such as Opensea and Immutable X.
Non-NFT items may be traded between players directly in-game via close proximity popup.